Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Some more beautiful poems

Two more beautiful poems from Jolly. 
@Jolly.... dont sue me for plagiarism :)


Distances

No, i don't want to recall,

but then it naturally comes to my mind;

I want to remember that i hate you,

But how can I forget that I'd once loved you.

Sitting by the sea, I try to hold back the retreating wave,

The wave has drenched me fully and gone;

I feel happy, feel proud of my hold,

But when I open my eyes&hand, it's only sand.

Many a times I've felt my hand moving towards yours,

The forefinger might have just made it;

But NO, something holds me  back, my ego:

I close my eyes, swallow a tear, place my fist on my heart, IT PAINS.

I make stonecastles on sandpillars,

Which I know is destined to doom, leaving me in gloom;

Distances once created are difficult to end,

WILL IT EVER END?IF YES, WHEN?


***


Discovering Me

It's another dusk,

and I alone once again;

warming my hands with the coffee mug,

my thoughts rising once again with the vapours.

It's another quiet evening

the sun getting masked by the clouds;

now I don't fear the thunder,

for to comfort me there're no arms around.

It's another rainy night:

I've lost my pole star,

and my thoughts like a battered boat,

tharshed by the waves of solitude.

but tomorrow will be another day,

and this is the hope that drives me;

when I might meet you,my life,

and in discovering you, I'll discover myself.



Jolly Nandi

Copyright ©2009 Jolly Nandi

No comments: